SMEDAR MATERIALS RECOVERY FACILITY AT LE GRAND QUEVILLY (FRANCE) IS DESIGNED TO SORT 35 000 TONNES/YEAR
SMEDAR Materials Recovery Facility at Grand Quevilly is designed to sort a full range of plastic packaging, including films. Its highly automated, latest generation sorting line includes:
- 1 Trommel screen
- 6 Optical separators
- 3 Ballistic separators
- 1 PE films extraction module « Recyfilms »
- 13 hoppers for temporary storage of sorted materials.
- 1 Baling press for baling sorted materials: plastics, paper, cardboard, steel and cartons.
- 2 Packaging presses to pack steel.
- 1 module for sorting small metal fragments (steel and aluminum
In order to significantly improve working conditions for operators, this plant meets the latest ergonomics and health and safety standards (French standard X35-702). Ergonomics are improved for operators, thus allowing them to focus on sorting quality control.
SMEDAR Materials Recovery Facility is equipped with a Recyfilms module, developed by Ar-Val, which is the only automated system able to sort PE films to approximately 95% purity.
This plant is fully connected and is equipped with Ar-Val’s latest supervision innovations: