Le Grand Quevilly (France)
SMEDAR MATERIALS RECOVERY FACILITY AT LE GRAND QUEVILLY (FRANCE) IS DESIGNED TO SORT 35 000 TONNES/YEAR
SMEDAR Materials Recovery Facility at Grand Quevilly is designed to sort a full range of plastic packaging, including films. Its highly automated, latest generation sorting line includes:
- 1 Trommel screen
- 6 Optical separators
- 3 Ballistic separators
- 1 PE films extraction module « Recyfilms »
- 13 hoppers for temporary storage of sorted materials.
- 1 Baling press for baling sorted materials: plastics, paper, cardboard, steel and cartons.
- 2 Packaging presses to pack steel.
- 1 module for sorting small metal fragments (steel and aluminum
In order to significantly improve working conditions for operators, this plant meets the latest ergonomics and health and safety standards (French standard X35-702). Ergonomics are improved for operators, thus allowing them to focus on sorting quality control.
SMEDAR Materials Recovery Facility is equipped with a Recyfilms module, developed by Ar-Val, which is the only automated system able to sort PE films to approximately 95% purity.
This plant is fully connected and is equipped with Ar-Val’s latest supervision innovations:
- Population served: 612 000 inhabitants, including Rouen-Normandy Metropolitan Area
- MRF Capacity: 30 000 tonnes / year
- Throughput of 11 tonnes/hour
- Plastic resins: LDPE, PS, PP, light PET, dark PET, HDPE
- Cartons for liquids
- Mixed paper and card recyclables
- Recyclable household packaging
- Paper – magazines
With our software solutions Ar-Val Prod®, Ar-Val GMAO®, Ar-Val Remote® and Ar-Val Prod Mobile® we can offer: :
- Complete automation of your installation.
- Control and optimization of your production.
- The possibility to visualize performance in real time.
- A financial approach, with production of detailed summaries.
- Real time configuration of all the equipment.